Now I am supposed to answer the following 10 questions about my next big thing. Here we go:
1) What is the working title of your current/next book?
The tittle of my next book is “Spirit Women.”
2) Where did you get the idea for that book?
The book is a collection of short stories that I grouped together under a common theme. They all involve an interaction between a man and a woman within a paranormal or psychological context. The ideas for the stories came from several mundane sources: a museum, a song, a bridge, a book, etc.
3) What’s the genre of the book?
I guess ghost stories or paranormal comes close, although a few of the stories are about reality coming apart at the seams with no supernatural entities being involved.
4) If you could pick actors to play the lead characters in your story, who would you pick?
This is a hard question because it is a collection of short stories. I guess they could be presented in a Twilight Zone format. But this means that it is unlikely that any big name actors would want to be in these small productions. So this would be a chance for unknown actors to begin their career and leave their mark.
5) How would you describe your book in one sentence (10 words or less)?
What do Spirit Women want?
6) (a) How will your book be published, submitted through the traditional route to a traditional publisher or will you be handling it yourself through Indie Publishing methods? (b) If you’re an Indie Author, will you be publishing through your own Indie Publishing company or in a collective with other Indie Authors?
I will be self-publishing it on my own.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of this book?
I am a slow reader/writer and it takes me forever to write and edit my stories. This book has been about a year in the making. I need to speed things up!
8) What other books within your genre are similar to yours?
Any collection of short ghost/psychological stories would be similar.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The voices inside my head.
10) What about your book will pique the reader’s interest?
I like writing stories with a twist and looking at things at an angle. When I read a story I want to be amazed. If I don’t amaze myself when I write the story, I know I won’t amaze my readers. All the stories in this collection amazed me, and I hope they will amaze you too!
If you like this blog you can have links to each week's posts delivered to your e-mail address. Please click here.